In this busy and stressful world, games are the only source of relaxation and entertainment for teenagers and for young people in general. Games work like a charm to fade your bad mood away.
But imagine launching a game and then getting an error on your face, isn’t this one of the worst feelings ever? We all have been there, sounds relatable?
In this blog, we are going to talk about a similar kind of error known as the “GTA 5 Unable to Connect to Rockstar Game Library Services” error.
Many GTA 5 players have reported that they are facing this error when they open the game and they are unable to fix it. Many players are still looking for a solution and some of them are fed up with the fake solutions on the internet.
If you are on the same page as them, then look no more and read this blog to the end.
Reasons for the “Unable to Connect to Rockstar Game Library Services” error
There are several reasons why this error shows up on your screen. These are some of them:
- The first reason for this error could be the corrupted game files or some important files that are missing.
- Another reason could be your outdated drivers.
- Maybe, you have not updated your social club application
- You have not updated steam
- You are not using the updated version of Windows
Solutions to fix the Rockstar Services Error.
You may have seen some solutions on the internet that don’t seem to work. Well, it’s not the case this time. Follow the below given solutions one by one and you will definitely fix the GTA 5 Services error.
1.Run the Game in Compatibility mode
You can try running your game in compatibility mode to fix this error. To run your game in compatibility mode, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the game and open properties
- After that, click on the compatibility tab and run the game on compatibility mode.
Then, launch the game and check for the error. If it is not gone, then try the other solutions given below.
2. Basic Troubleshooting
These are some of the basic things that you should do to fix the “Failed to Connect to Rockstar Game Library Services” Error.
Firewall: First of all, disable the firewall if you have enabled it for the game. You can do this easily by searching for the windows defender firewall on the desktop, once you have searched for it, click on it and turn it off.
Steam beta version: If you are using the beta version of Steam, then this could be causing the problem. Download the ordinary Steam version and delete the beta version. Then check for the error, if it is fixed or not.
Checking Graphics Drivers: Another factor that can cause this error is outdated graphics drivers. If you have not updated your graphics drivers then you should update them and check for the error. Other than the graphics drivers, also check for the sound drivers, and update both of them to fix the error.
Disable game boosters apps: If you are using a game booster app then this could be the problem because game boosters often create changes in the game files and other settings. So, if you have any game booster for the game, disable it and then launch the game.
Checking the network connection: The problem could be with your network connection, if you don’t have a good and stable connection with the server then the game will crash. So, check for your network connection, if it is not stable then try changing it and then launching the game
3. Configuring the Game Files
If the error is persisting then follow these steps:
- Locate the “Rockstar Games” folder and click on “GTA 5”.
- Now, search for the “system.xml” file and open it in notepad
- Now look for the DX_VERSION line in system.xml and edit the line by changing the number from 2 to 1.
This is an effective way to fix this error, you should try it.
4. Re-Downloading the Social Club Application
In the next step, you should try uninstalling the Rockstar Social Club app and then installing it again. This can fix the error. After reinstalling the social club app, reboot your system and launch the game to check if the error is still there or not.
- In the Start menu, type Run and then hit Enter
- Once the Run window is on the screen, simply type appwiz.cpl, then hit Enter
- Locate Rockstar Games Social Club app
- Now right-click on it and Uninstall
- Now, head to the below location and delete folder related to Social club application
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games
- Open up the browser and visit this link, download the application, and then install it
- After installation, it is recommended to reboot the system
Lastly, I hope that your error is fixed by now. If you have anything to ask then go ahead and comment on this blog, we will definitely help you!
These are some of the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Rockstar Game Services.
Why my PS4 won’t let me play GTA5?
This commonly happens when PlayStation Plus Subscription is expired. You should re-new your subscription and then try to launch the game on your PS4 console.
How to solve the “Rockstar could not establish a connection” Error?
This Error Shows up when the connection between the computer and the server is not established. You can fix this error by checking your network connection and troubleshooting it. You can change your network to fix this error. If the error still doesn’t go, then this could be a temporary issue from the Rockstar game server.