Looking for the latest on The Elder Scrolls Online[ESO] server status?
Get the newest intel on server outages and troubles related to The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO).
Is The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) Down?
When it comes to massive multiplayer online games (MMOs) like The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO), server status is a vital component of the gaming experience. Downtime can affect thousands of players worldwide, causing significant disruption.
If you’re experiencing issues connecting to ESO, it could be due to server maintenance, unexpected outages, or technical difficulties.
The game’s developers at ZeniMax Online Studios actively monitor and maintain servers to ensure uptime and stability, but like any online service, unexpected issues can occur.
This section delves deeper into the types of problems you might encounter, how to identify them, and what steps you can take if you find the ESO servers down.
How to Check The Elder Scrolls Online[ESO] Server Status
To verify the current server status for The Elder Scrolls Online, you can visit the official ESO Service Alerts page at ESO Server Status. This site provides real-time updates on server conditions, maintenance schedules, and service alerts.
Additionally, the ESO Twitter account is a good resource for live updates and announcements regarding server status. For more detailed insights or community reports, websites like Downdetector can offer a crowd-sourced perspective on whether others are experiencing similar issues.
In this segment, we will explore how these tools work, what kind of information they provide, and how to interpret this data for your gaming plans.
Common The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) Server Issues
- Server Lag:
- Check your internet connection: Make sure you have a stable internet connection with sufficient bandwidth to handle the game’s demands.
- Close unnecessary programs: Running other programs simultaneously can consume bandwidth and affect game performance.
- Restart your router and modem: Sometimes, restarting your network devices can resolve connectivity issues.
- Change DNS settings: Using a different DNS server might improve your connection to the ESO servers.
- Server Crashes:
- Wait for servers to recover: Server crashes are usually temporary, and ZeniMax Online Studios typically brings them back up soon.
- Restart your computer or gaming console: Sometimes, restarting your device can fix minor technical issues.
- Update graphics drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can lead to crashes. Ensure you have the latest graphics drivers installed.
- Report the bug to ZeniMax Online Studios: If crashes persist, report the issue to ZeniMax Online Studios support for further investigation.
- Matchmaking Problems:
- Wait for matchmaking completion: Matchmaking can take longer, especially in ranked queues.
- Check party size: Ensure your party doesn’t exceed the maximum player limit for the queue you’re joining.
- Restart router and modem: Sometimes, restarting network devices can resolve matchmaking issues.
- Contact ZeniMax Online Studios support: If matchmaking issues persist, contact ZeniMax Online Studios support for further assistance.
- Login Issues:
- Verify credentials: Double-check your username and password to ensure they are correct.
- Reset password: If you’ve forgotten your password, use the “Forgot Password” option on the ESO website to reset it.
- Contact ZeniMax Online Studios support: If login issues persist, contact ZeniMax Online Studios support for assistance.
- In-Game Bugs:
- Restart your device: Sometimes, restarting your computer or gaming console can fix minor bugs.
- Report the bug to ZeniMax Online Studios: Report bugs on the ESO forums or ZeniMax Online Studios support website.
- Wait for patch updates: ZeniMax Online Studios regularly releases patches to fix bugs and improve game performance.
- High Ping:
- Check internet connection: Ensure you have a stable internet connection with low ping.
- Close unnecessary programs: Running multiple programs can consume bandwidth and increase ping.
- Use a wired connection: Wired connections usually offer lower ping compared to wireless connections.
- Change DNS settings: Sometimes, using a different DNS server can improve ping.
- Character Stuck:
- Wait for the server to stabilize: Character stuck issues are often caused by temporary server instability.
- Try logging out and logging back in: Sometimes, logging out and logging back in can resolve the issue.
- Contact ZeniMax Online Studios support: If the character remains stuck after trying the above, contact ZeniMax Online Studios support.
- Items Disappearing:
- Check your inventory: Sometimes, items may appear to be missing due to inventory management issues.
- Contact ZeniMax Online Studios support: If items remain missing after checking your inventory, contact ZeniMax Online Studios support for assistance.
- Unable to Connect to Server:
- Check server status: Visit the official ESO server status website to check if the servers are experiencing issues.
- Restart router and modem: Sometimes, restarting network devices can resolve connectivity issues.
- Check firewall settings: Ensure your firewall is not blocking the ESO servers.
- Update game client: Make sure you have the latest version of the ESO client installed.
- Game Crashes on Launch:
- Update graphics drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can cause crashes. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version.
- Verify game files: Use the game launcher’s file verification feature to check for and repair corrupted game files.
- Check system requirements: Ensure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for ESO.
How to Change The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) Server
In The Elder Scrolls Online, players may choose between the North American and European servers upon game startup. To switch servers, you simply select the desired server from the game’s login screen. However, it’s important to note that character data is not transferable between servers.
So if you’ve been playing on the NA server and choose to switch to the EU server, you’ll start fresh with no carryover of your characters or progress.
The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) server status is crucial for an uninterrupted and enjoyable gaming experience. Regular checks on official and third-party resources will keep you informed about the server status.
Remember to always ensure that the problem is not on your end before attempting to resolve server-related issues. With the right information, players can adjust their playtimes or take necessary steps to mitigate any server-related disruptions.
How often do The Elder Scrolls Online servers go down for maintenance?
ESO servers typically undergo scheduled maintenance weekly, but this can vary depending on the necessity for updates or fixes.
Can I check the history of ESO server outages?
Yes, you can use third-party sites like Downdetector or the official ESO forums to check past incidents and outages.
What should I do if I can’t connect to ESO?
First, check the official server status. If the servers are up, check your own connection and firewall settings, then seek assistance from ESO support if necessary.
Are server issues more common during ESO events or expansions?
Yes, high player traffic during events or new expansions can lead to increased server strain, resulting in more frequent issues.
Will I lose progress if I’m disconnected due to server problems?
ESO has measures to protect player progress, but in rare cases, you might lose progress made shortly before a disconnection.
Does ESO compensate for downtime?
Compensation is not guaranteed but has been offered in certain instances, especially during prolonged or unscheduled outages.
Can I switch from an NA server to an EU server and vice versa?
Yes, you can switch servers, but your character progress and items will not transfer between servers.
Where is the best place to get updates during an ESO server outage?
The official ESO Twitter account and Service Alerts page are the best sources for updates during outages.
Is there a difference in server stability between platforms (PC, PS4, Xbox)?
Server stability can vary across platforms due to different infrastructures and player populations.
How do I report a new server issue to ESO?
Server issues can be reported through the official ESO support page or on their forums.