Is your Starbound not launching in 2022? Are you getting an error for the launch? Or maybe your game doesn’t show any error, just won’t launch!
Whatever the problem is, keep on reading because this blog is going to help you with the Starbound not launching problem. This error is not common and because of that effective solutions are also not available. Some players have started to face this problem after the Starbound 1.0 update.
This blog covers everything about Starbound not launching problem. We have discussed the basic reasons and also the solutions that are effective and 100% working. Just keep on reading and follow the given solutions properly!
The most common reasons for the launching error in Starbound are:
- Use of Mods
- Use of Other conflicting apps
- Lack of compatibility with Windows 10
- Automatically arranged launch options on Steam Client
How to Fix Starbound won’t Launch Problem Issue
You will see many solutions on the internet about the Starbound not launching problem, but the solutions that we have gathered in this blog post are very effective. You can use these methods one by one to solve the Starbound launch issue.
So, without any more fluff, let’s get to the point!
1) Disable Mods and Other Conflicting Apps
If you are using some mod for the game, then could be the main reason for the Starbound launch error. Many players have noted that the launch error started to occur after they have started using a mod for the game. If you are also using a mod, then disable it and then check for the error.
Other than the mods, other apps like:
- Screen Recorders
- And other live streaming applications
If you are using one of these applications or maybe applications that are similar to these, you must disable them and then try to open the game. If the error is still not gone then move on to the next point.
2) Run Starbound as an Administrator
You can try running the game as an administrator, if you don’t know how to do it, then follow the simple steps are given below:
- Open the file location of the game by right-clicking on the game’s shortcut
- Now, search for the launcher file of the game
- After that run it as administrator by right-clicking on it.
Now, check if Starbound is launching or not.
3) Delete the Launch Options
This is one of the most effective ways to fix the Starbound launcher error. Most of the players say that this method worked for them, so this might work for you as well.
It is not difficult, just follow the given steps one by one:
- Open your Steam Library and search for Starbound
- Now, open the properties by right-clicking on it
- Now click on the Launch Options Tab
- After that, delete every single thing that you see there
- Now open the game and it should be working perfectly!
4) Re-install the Starbound Directory
Your problem should be fixed by now, but if it persists to occur. Then the last thing that you can do is delete the Start bound directory and then reinstall it. Follow these simple steps if you don’t know how to do it.
- First, go to this location
C:\ Program files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Starbound
- Now, delete this directory
- After that, reinstall it from Steam
This method has worked for many players, so you must try it if nothing else works for you.
This blog was about fixing the Starbound not launching problem. These are some of the reasons for this problem. I hope that your problem is fixed by now and this guide has helped you. If you know any other way to fix the Starbound not Launching problem, then do let us know in the comments!
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the Frequently Asked Questions about Starbound game
Can you play in multiplayer with a pirated Starbound?
We don’t support any pirated software, but for general information the answer to this question is Yes you can play in multiplayer with a pirated Starbound.
How to fix a fatal error in Starbound?
A fatal error in Starbound can be fixed by verifying the game integrity. This will automatically repair any damaged file and your game will be fixed.