Sorry There was a Problem with Your Request: Instagram, as we all know, is one of the fastest-growing social media applications. It has gone way ahead of its competitors such as Twitter and Snapchat. A few days ago,
Instagram announced it achieved 1 billion monthly active users. These numbers clearly showcase the popularity of this social media giant. By the time Facebook has acquired Instagram, it has gone to the next level of success. People are going crazy about Instagram. Now that Instagram has also launched IGTV, it is expected to do well in video sharing platforms as well.
One good thing about Instagram is that it is going strictly on the users who are involved in spamming activities. Instagram has often found banning users even if they are suspected to be involved in such activities. Instagram is very clear and strict on those who tend to violate the company’s policies.
However, this is also making innocent ones suffer from Instagram account bans. There have been countless examples where innocent users are getting banned even if they are not involved in any such activities.
In this article, we are going to talk about one such scenario where people are getting Instagram Error Sorry There was a Problem with your Request. This error may signify that you have been banned because of violating Instagram’s policy guidelines. It is very unfortunate to lose your entire account.
And if you have not violated any policies and even then you are getting such issues, then this leads to frustration. Though it is not very easy to restore your Instagram account, we have come up with a few methods that have worked well to fix Instagram Error Sorry There was a Problem with your Request.
So, let us see how we can get rid of this error easily and restore our Instagram account easily.
How To Fix Instagram Sorry There Was A Problem With Your Request
In this section, we will be discussing the methods to fix Instagram Error: Sorry There was a Problem with your Request. If you are also getting this error, please make sure you implement the steps mentioned below carefully. We have tried our best to make the steps easy by involving the screenshots as well.
By the end of this article, you should be able to resolve this error and enjoy the Instagram experience once again. So, let us not waste any time further and jump directly to the methods given below to fix Instagram Error Sorry there was a problem with your request.
You Should Wait for Technical Error to be Resolved by Instagram
Probably Instagram servers are temporarily unavailable. It happens sometimes. Please ask your friend to logout and login into Instagram. Also, you can check live outage map (3rd party) You need to be sure that problem is local and related only to your account.
Meanwhile stay away from scammer dont share your personal details with others
1) You Might Be Involved In Spamming Activities
From the past few days, Instagram is coming hard on those involved in spamming activities. If you were sharing some irrelevant content through your account or you were commenting a lot on irrelevant posts,
then Instagram might have blocked you or disable your account. In such a case, you need to directly contact Instagram to unblock you.
So, we would suggest you look further for other causes and solutions given below.
2) Link A New Facebook Account With Instagram
Please make sure you are using the web browser to log in to Instagram and not the Instagram App. All the steps should be implemented using Instagram on a web browser and not the Instagram app. Simply follow the steps given below to link a new Facebook account with your Instagram account.
- Launch a web browser on your phone or laptop/desktop, and open instagram.com on it.
- Enter your username and password to log into your Instagram account. If you are able to log in successfully, then only follow the next steps further. Otherwise, switch to the next method.
- Now create a new Facebook account just to link this new account with your Instagram Account.
- Once you have created a new Facebook account, try to log in to your Instagram account on another phone. Please note that you need to log in to your Instagram account using the Instagram app.
- Now on the bottom right, click on the User icon to go to your Account Settings.
- At the top right, click on the three vertical dots icon.
- Scroll down and tap on the Linked Accounts option. Here, unlink your previous Facebook account, if you had linked any.
- Once you have unlinked your previous Facebook account, follow the steps mentioned in the link given below to link your new Facebook account to your Instagram account.
- Once you have linked the new Facebook account with your Instagram account, you can log in to your Instagram account on your own phone by logging in with the Facebook option. Got your Instagram account back? If yes, you are welcome.
Though this method has found to be the most successful one and this should resolve your issue with ease, if you are still getting the same error, you should switch to the next one.
3) Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account
There are two ways of disabling your Instagram account.
- Permanently Delete your Account.
- Temporarily disable your Account.
We have prepared a step-by-step guide for this. Just follow the link given below that would guide you on how to temporarily disable your Instagram account.
Once you have temporarily disabled your Instagram account, sit back and relax for a while (at least for 4 hours). After that, try to log in to your account and check if the error still persists.
4) Create An Instagram Clone Using Dual Apps
This method also works very well in fixing the Instagram Error: Sorry There was a problem with your request. Simply follow the steps given below to implement this method.
- Go to Settings and tap on Dual Apps.
- Scroll down to find Instagram.
- Alongside the Instagram option, you will see a toggle button. Just turn it on.
- This will clone the Instagram application, install it, and add a new Instagram icon on your Home Screen.
- Just tap on this new Instagram icon and try to log in and check if this resolves the Instagram error: Sorry there was a problem with your request.
5) Log In Phone Number Reset
Once you arrive at this step, it’s fairly likely that the problem you’re having is with your actual login. Resetting the phone number that is associated with your account can resolve this issue.
In order to do this, you will need to:
- Log into your Instagram account from a computer.
- Click on “edit profile.”
- Choose “add or change your phone number.”
- Go to the Instagram app.
- Click on “Forgot password.”
- Choose to send the login link to your phone number, which you just changed.
- Once you receive the text message, enter the code.
At this point, you should be able to log in to your account. However, if you are still receiving the error message, continue onto step four.
6) Check Network And Devices
If the Instagram servers are not down, your next step is to try and log in from a different device. If you are able to log in from another device, then the issue is likely with your phone. Resetting your phone may help you to log back in.
You can also try to use different networks, as there may be an issue with the IP address. If that is the case, using a different network should enable you to log in on your phone.
If you are unable to log in from a different device or on a different network, continue the troubleshooting steps.
7) Perform Force Stop & Clear Data On Your Account
The first step you can do is to clear data and your Instagram account cache. For that, you need to first open your Phone settings, then select the Additional Settings menu,
then select the Application Management submenu then navigate to the option of “Instagram” app. Then tap on “Force Stop” and “Clear Data”.
8) Contact Instagram Help
if given above methods are not working, then this problem is not from your side or a network fault. You should contact Instagram to help and explain your problem.
They can tell the reason why you can not login and fix your problem in 2 min. So ask for their help to solve it. They will surely resolve this problem.
So these were the few tips and tricks on How to fix Instagram Error Sorry There was a Problem with your Request. Hope you liked this article on Sorry there was a problem with your Request and were able to resolve the issue. However, if you are still facing some issues, feel free to drop your concern in the comment section below. You can also directly reach out to us using our Contact Us page. We will try to resolve your query at the earliest. Thanks.