League of Legends An Unknown DirectX Error has Occurred: League of legends is one of the most dominated games that is being played today.
With over 100 million players per month, League of legends has gone ahead beyond big games like Dota 2 and Hearthstone. Within a span of 5 years, this game has touched the heart of billions.
With this grand success and such a huge number of players, this game is consistent and stable. However, with facts like consistency and stability, we must also accept that errors are inevitable.
Many new users reported an error while launching League of Legends. In this article, we will provide an easy method to fix one such error: League of Legends, An unknown DirectX error has occurred.
It is important to note that error An Unknown DirectX Error is not specific to League of Legends or any other game. Users have encountered this error while playing many games, including Call of Duty, Dota 2, etc. So the solution given in the next section is also applicable to all the games and is not specific to League of Legends.
How To Fix League Of Legends An Unknown Directx Error Has Occurred
Follow the steps given below to fix League of Legends An Unknown DirectX Error has occurred:
- Go to Device Manager. (Type Device Manager on search bar or type devmgmt.msc in Run Panel).
- Expand Display Adapters tab in Device Manager.
- Double Click the display driver you got by expanding Display Adapters in step 2.
- Go to the Driver tab and select the Update Driver button.
- Then out of the two available options, select Search automatically for updated driver software. This may take some time.
- Once this step is completed, go to the League of Legends icon. Right-click on it and select Open File Location.
- Go to the config folder and delete two files: game.config and input.
- Go back to the League of Legends folder. Now go to RADS > projects folder. Here you will find some folders starting with lol_game_client. Delete these folders (You may find two or three such folders).
- Now go back to the League of Legends icon. Launch this game. Here click on ? the icon on the top right corner.
- Now click the Repair button on the left.
- Go to Device Manager. Expand Display Adapters, right-click on the expanded driver and select Disable.
- Then right-click the same display driver again and select Enable.
Note: Do not skip any step. Make sure you are implementing every step and that too in a sequential manner.
So there were some simple steps to fix this annoying issue that says, “An unknown DirectX error has occurred.” I hope you liked this article on how to fix League of Legends. An unknown DirectX error has occurred. Kindly let us know if you find yourself in trouble while going through the steps mentioned above. If you need some clarity or a better understanding of any of the steps mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments.
- GTA: San Andreas Cheat Codes
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Cheat Codes,
- Best Multiplayer Games
- Outlast 2 Game Crashes to Desktop
- How to Fix Outlast 2 Error 0xc00007b
- Best 3ds Emulator For Android
- How to Access Salmon Run in Splatoon 2
- How to Fix Counter Strike Error Loading swf File
- Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Could not find Zone en_core_pre_gfx
- How to Fix League of Legends Error Code 004
- How to fix Failed to Create Dump File Error 183