Memory slots are a key stat in Elden Ring. Since the game supports a plethora of play styles, it needed to incorporate things that different classes would be able to use effectively, thus the memory slots.
Memory slots indicate the number of spaces available for new Sorceries and Incantations. While most spells only occupy 1 memory slot, there are some spells that require more than one memory slot to be learned. This helps balance out the game very cleanly so that no one class gets an unfair advantage over the others.
How to Increase Memory Slots in Elden Ring
Upon starting the game players only start out with 2 memory slots, but no need to worry since their number can be increased as you progress through the game. In this blog, we have highlighted ways that you can use to increase the number of memory slots your character has.
Memory Stones: Trading
A memory stone is a key item that is used to increase the number of memory slots by 1 permanently. There are several ways to acquire memory stones, but the easiest way is to simply buy them.
Upon entering the Roundtable Hold, you can find the Twin Maiden Husks which is a trader NPC. They sell memory stones for a price of 3000 runes; a worthy investment if you are playing a class that focuses extensively on sorcery.
Memory Stones: Defeating Bosses
Another way of acquiring memory stones is by defeating bosses and then getting them as a reward. This is probably the most difficult way to do it but no pain no gain, right? The bosses you will need to defeat in order to get memory stones include:
- Red Wolf of Radagon – This boss can be found at the Academy of Raya Lucaria dungeon near the Debate Parlor Site of Grace.
- Caria Manor & Royal Knight Loretta – Both of these bosses can be found in the Three Sisters region in Liurnia. Caria Manor can be found at the shore of Liurnia lake whereas Loretta can be found at the Moongazing Grounds in Caria Manor.
- Demi-Human Maggie – This boss can be found on Mt. Gelmir inside the Hermit Village southeast of the volcano.
Memory Stones: Exploration
Another peaceful method of getting memory stones is through explorations, but since this is Elden Ring do not expect too much peace. Places where you can find memory stones are following:
- Converted Tower – Upon climbing to the top of the tower you will be given a memory stone. This tower can be found in the Liurnia of Lakes.
- Tetsu’s Rise – It is a tower located north of the Academy of Raya Lucaria on an island. The tower requires you to solve a puzzle for the prize.
- Lenne’s Rise – It is a location in the northeast of Drangonbarrow. The memory stone lies in a chest at the top of the tower.
- Orydis’s Rise – It is a lone tower on the Weeping Peninsula. To access the tower, you will first need to kill three ghost turtles which will lift the seal of entry from the tower.
Moon of Nokstella
Memory stones are not the only items that increase the number of memory slots. The Moon of Nokstella is a talisman that increases the number of memory slots by 2 instead of the 1 gained from memory stones making it an essential item for all Elden Ring players.
Players can locate the Nokstella, Eternal City which is in Ainsel River Main. Inside the Eternal City can be found an enormous throne underneath which is a chest that contains the Moon of Noskstella. We recommend thoroughly searching the place since it is a treasure trove of very useful items.
What is the max number of memory slots in Elden Ring?
The max number of memory slots in Elden Ring is 12. The player gets 2 by default and if they acquire all memory stones then that number jumps up to 10 and finally after collecting the Moon of Nokstella it rises to 12.
How many classes are there in Elden Ring?
There are a total of 10 classes in Elden Ring that the player can choose from. Each class comes with its own sets of benefits and cons so players can freely choose the play style they are comfortable with.
Which is the most difficult boss in Elden Ring?
Malenia, Blade of Miquella is arguably one of the most if not the most difficult boss present in Elden Ring. With her speed and combos and attacks that regenerate her health, she is capable of devastating even the most skilled players.
Elden Ring challenges Dark Souls as one of the most difficult games to beat but it still cannot stand on par with it, which is a good thing. It combines tough battles with good game mechanics to deliver a beautiful player experience that leaves people craving for more.
A good example of those game mechanics is the use of memory slots which hold sorceries and incantations. If you have been wondering how to increase the number of memory slots that you have then this blog is just right for you. Let us know if this helped you in the comments below.
For more help on Elden Ring, read our Somber Ancient Dragon Stones Locations, Get Pureblood Knight’s Medal, Get Maiden Blood, Ultra-Wide Resolutions Trick, Get Barricade Shield Ashes of War, Avoid Madness from Frenzy-Flame Tower,