Today is the era of the Internet. We have been witnessing a revolution in the field of electronics. IoT is quickly marking its place in every industry. There was a time when we used to have antennas for televisions. Who would have imagined having something called Smart TVs? Well, that’s how it goes.
Today everyone is moving towards Smart TVs. Through this, they can directly stream online videos and content and watch regular TV programs as well. You need not sit in front of a desktop or carry a laptop to watch online content. You can watch everything on a Smart TV, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, and whatnot.
There are a lot of TV manufacturers that are doing a great job. Sony and Samsung are a few big names that are doing an exceptional job in this field. Chinese-based Xiaomi is also providing budget Smart TVs and attracting a lot of users.
Since Smart TVs are relatively newer in many countries, people are facing few issues while using them. Also, not everyone in this world is technically sound. We often have senior members in our family that are not that good at handling technical stuff.
In this article, we will be talking about one of the most common errors that Samsung Smart TV owners are facing. This is the Samsung TV Network Error Code 012. Many Samsung users have reported facing Samsung TV Network Error Code 012 while updating or downloading any application on their device.
Due to Samsung TV Network Error Code 012, a significant number of users couldn’t stream online content using Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Youtube. If you are also facing the same issue, then you have landed at the right place. You need not worry as we are here to rescue you. This article will provide a few relevant methods to resolve Samsung TV Network Error Code 012 once and for all. So, let us get started.
This section will provide a few methods to resolve the Samsung Network TV Error Code 012. Please note that Method 1 is just an important check to verify that you have the required Internet Connectivity. The actual and more relevant methods are given after that.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
All Smart TVs need strong Internet Connectivity to work properly. If you are getting the Network Error Code 012, this may indicate no or weak internet connectivity. You can try restarting the router or modem and then check if you can update your TV apps. If you are sure of having a strong Internet Connectivity, you should better switch on to the next two methods to resolve Samsung Smart TV Network Error Code 012.
Method 2: Automatically Update The Firmware On Your Smart Tv
The actual cause of the Samsung Smart TV Network Error Code 012 is the downgraded version of Firmware on your device. Thus, if you update your device to the latest Firmware version, this error code should disappear. To update the firmware automatically, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and make sure it has been connected to a strong Internet connection.
- Using your remote control, go to the TV’s options menu by clicking the MENU button on your remote control.
- Use the down arrow on the remote to go to the Support tab.
- Now select the Software Update option.
- Select the Online option.
- As long as your Samsung device is connected to the internet, it will connect to the Samsung servers to look for an update. If there is an update available, it will begin installing automatically.
Once you have updated to the latest Firmware, check if the network error code 012 persists. However, it may also be possible that you don’t see any updates available for your device. In such a case, you need to update the firmware on your Samsung device manually. The steps to manually update the firmware are given in the next method.
Method 3: Manually Update The Firmware On Your Smart Tv
Samsung users can follow the steps mentioned below to update the firmware on their Smart TVs manually.
Step 1: Download The Correct Firmware Version
- First of all, you need to know the Model Number of your Samsung Smart TV.
- In case you are not getting it, you can follow the link given below to find the Model Number of your Smart TV.
- Once you know the Model Number, download the latest version of Firmware from the link given below.
Once you have downloaded the correct version, follow the next step.
Step 2: Install The Correct And Latest Firmware For Your Samsung Tv
- Run the compressed file you downloaded from Samsung. You will be asked where you want to unzip the file contents, and you must select a USB drive.
- Turn on your Samsung device. Once the file is downloaded and unzipped completely on the USB drive, plug it into your Samsung device using an available USB port. It would be best if you disconnected any other USB devices you have connected to your Samsung.
- Using your remote control, go to the options menu by pressing the MENU button found on the remote. Go to the last tab called the Support tab.
- Now select Software Upgrade.
- Next, select the “By USB” option. The following message will appear: Scanning for USB…This may take more than 1 min.
- Once the updating process is completed, your Samsung device will turn off and turn back on automatically. You have now installed the latest firmware version downloaded from Samsung.
Method 3: Restart Smart Hub
This is one of the methods that has received the best response from our viewers. You just need to restart the smart hub and the Samsung Smart TV network error code 012 will disappear. We have listed down the steps to restart Smart Hub in the below article. Just search for the steps to restart the hub in the below link, implement those steps and the error code will disappear.
Once you restart the smart hub, error code 012 should disappear automatically.
Method 4: Change DNS Of Your Tv
One of our readers suggested this method. We validated it and decided to put it in this article. This worked pretty well for him and it is worth giving a shot. Just follow the steps mentioned below to fix Samsung TV Network Error Code 012.
- Go to Menu.
- Choose Network.
- Here, manually set the DNS to 220.127.116.11.
- Keep the IP address as Select Automatically.
After following these steps, restart your TV and check if you are able to resolve Samsung Network Error Code 012. Please let us know how this method worked for you by posting your feedback in the comments section right below this article.