Recently, I played League of Legends and came across this error. At the end of the game, a pop-up appeared with Failed to Create Dump File Error 183. After this message, the game got crashed. I went to numerous forums to get a solution to fix this error, but no clues.
This error is not specific to one particular game. Different people across the world have encountered this error while playing different games. This includes League of legends, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and many others. So, this error is not specific to one particular game.
Some say this is a graphic card issue, some say this is related to memory management, and few say this is related to permission. We researched this issue and finally came up with 3 methods to fix Failed to Create Dump File Error 183.
How To Fix Failed To Create Dump File Error 183
Method 1: Update Graphics Driver
Follow the steps given below to update the graphics driver:
- Go to Device Manager. (Type Device Manager on search bar or type devmgmt.msc in Run Panel).
- Expand Display Adapters tab in Device Manager.
- Double Click the display driver you got by expanding Display Adapters in step 2.
- Go to the Driver tab and select the Update Driver button.
- Then out of the two available options, select Search automatically for updated driver software. This may take some time.
Method 2: Download Msvcr80.dll
It may be possible that the msvcr80.dll file on your system may be outdated. We can download a fresh instance of this file and see if it helps us fix failed to create dump file error 183. Follow the steps given below to download the msvcr80.dll file:
- Go to link https://www.dll-files.com/msvcr80.dll.html.
- Here, press the big orange button.
- Download and install the setup.
- Restart your system.
- Try to launch the game that was causing the error 183. Hopefully, an error should disappear.
METHOD 3: Command prompt
- Go to the start menu
- Search or go to the Cmd
- Then, A Pop-up will open
- Type ” chkdsk /f ” command there in the Command prompt
- Press Enter to start it
- That’s it, done
It will run and check your Disk for any hard drive corruption so that it can easily solve this failed to create dump file Error 183 fix problem.
So these were the two methods to fix Failed to Create Dump File Error 183. I hope you liked this article on How to Fix Failed to Create Dump File Error 183. If you have any other solution to fix this error, kindly share it with us to share with people worldwide.
This will certainly help a lot of users. Many users are facing this issue, and they have not yet got the permanent fix. I hope the two methods we provided in this article help users to fix this issue. In case you need some more clarity or a better understanding of any step or method, feel free to reach out to us via comments. Thanks.