How To Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7: Have you ever faced recycle bin corrupted on your windows operating system without any reason? You are not able to find any effective solution for this, recycle bin corrupted in Windows 10/8/7? So landed on the correct place, in this article we have discussed how to fix corrupted recycle bin windows 10/8/7.
Recycle Bin Corrupted on Windows 10/8/7 – Brief Description
By going through different forums we found below statement related to this recycle bin corrupt issue. “The recycle bin on C: is corrupted. Do you want to empty the recycle bin?” and when you press Yes or No, the message appears again. If you the victim of this error you might have noticed that in every 5-10 minutes you’ll be receiving the same message.
Whenever you will face this situation, you will not be able to completely empty the Recycle Bin or remove a file from Recycle Bin. Moreover when you’ll try to restore any file from recycle bin that too will not be restored. A pop-up message will show up to alert you that recycle bin is corrupted. Despite of all these issues associate with single error this post will help you in fix corrupted recycle bin windows 10/8/7.
Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin Windows
There are two ways to fix this recycle bin corrupt issue on windows 10. You can start with first and go till last to check which one suits your.
Method 1: Fix Corrupted Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 issue using CMD
One good thing about Windows OS i.e. each drive has its separate Recycle Bin folder. There is also a specified way to name these recycle bin folders like “$Recycle.bin”. Suppose you are getting error for your E drive then you have to use E:\$Recycle.bin. So one simple way to fix corrupted recycle bin in windows 10/8/7 is to delete the respective recycle bin folder. Please follow the steps given below:
- Open “Command Prompt” from Windows Menu.
- Type “rd /s /q E:\$Recycle.bin”
- Press Enter and restart your PC once to check whether problem is fixed or not.
Note: If you want to reset recycle bin on another drive kindly replace ‘E’ in second step to respective drive. For example if you are getting error for C drive then command will be “rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin”.
Method 2: Delete and Re-Install Recycle Bin
Second way to fix Corrupted Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 is using Control Panel. Yes..! It will become too easy to delete and install recycle bin easy using Control Panel. This method is having highest success rate then previous.
Delete Recycle Bin on Windows 10/8/7
- Go to Control Panel first of all.
- Here choose “File Explore” and then “View”.
- Now un-hide all system protected files.
- Then go to each drive to delete permissions and “$Recycle.bin” folders
- Kindly restart after this hopefully Recycle Bin has been uninstalled or deleted.
Re-Install Recycle Bin on Windows 10/8/7
- First of all go to “Personalise” simple by right clicking on desktop
- Then select “Themes” and “Desktop Icon Settings”
- Now search for “Recycle Bin” and then choose “Apply”
- After this new recycle bin will be created on desktop.