Microsoft Windows-based Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) is an online multiplayer role-playing game. This game has been around since quite some time. It is one of the most active communities online.
However, there have been bitter experiences recently among some players when downloading the game or updating it. The screen gets black and the game freezes. In a few seconds, a notification appears with the ffxiv launcher error 30413.
When this happens to you, we understand your frustration. We have investigated the cause of this issue. Here’s how to fix it.
Also Read- Ffxiv Unable To Complete Version Update
Easy Methods to Fix FFXIV Unable to Download Patch Files: Steps By Step 2022
When the launcher tries to download patches, the FFXIV launcher error 30413 occurs. However, the launcher repeatedly fails to download patches. In this case, you don’t just get 30413. Other error codes may accompany it, such as 25008 and 20495. In the image below, you can see how it looks when you encounter the problem.
There are multiple reasons why the game does this. Among these is incorrect port forwarding. We will discuss this later in the article. Further, a problem with the DNS server or your router itself may prevent patches from downloading to the game.
Our sympathies go out to anyone who has tried to play the game recently but has been unable to do so because of this error. FFXIV launcher error 30413 can be solved in several ways. This will allow you to play at your best again. If you want the best results, make sure to follow the methods meticulously. Here we go, without further ado.
Change the layout of the Launcher
In case you’re still using the original launcher to play Final Fantasy XIV. The problem might be due to a recent update it received. You simply need to change the layout of the launcher in this case. There is no pain in doing that. We will explain the steps below.
1. On your Windows 10 PC, launch the Final Fantasy XIV Launcher. To avoid potential problems right from the start, launch the game as Run as administrator.
2. The gear icon can be found in the upper-right corner of the main homescreen. You can adjust the launcher’s settings here. To do so, click the corresponding button.
3. This step has now placed you in the launcher’s “Config” section. Go to the bottom of the page. Click Change Layout. Click the toggle beside the option that you wish to change. A reboot will be prompted. Use the old user interface and the smaller processes.
Your launcher’s layout has been changed successfully. As a result, the FFXIV 30413 launcher error should now be promptly resolved. If this fix doesn’t work for you, you can try the other solutions below.
Run the Game as An Administrator
There is a common mistake that players make when they don’t run games in administrator mode. Therefore, they are not able to fully experience the game. This is certainly not desirable. You should take care of this basic problem first before going on to the more complex ones. You will save much time and effort if it works.
As an administrator, it is not difficult to run the program or run the game. All you need to do is click a few times. Below are the steps.
1. Finding the desktop client of Final Fantasy XIV is the first step. Double-check your search with the Windows Search bar. If you know the path, you can use the File Explorer. You can then right-click it to reveal more options. The next step is to click on “Properties.“
2. Maybe you are wondering why not just click “Run as administrator” right away. Why not just launch the game as it is? You could do that too. However, we are looking for a more permanent solution. Therefore, in the following window, click on “Advanced” to continue.
3. You should now be able to see another small-scale window. There is a box here where you can check Run as administrator. Select it. Finally, click OK. This should take care of our problem.
Those are all the fixes on this list. Hopefully, you will not see the launcher error again when downloading patches for the game. You can start Final Fantasy XIV right now to see if the problem has been resolved. Check out these other top-notch solutions if you are still having trouble.
Use a VPN
FFXIV launcher error can be solved with a Virtual Private Network. Using a VPN, your IP address is hidden and a different one is used instead. It primarily serves to keep your connection safe and secure. Bypassing geo-blocked content is another unofficial use of a VPN. You can also bypass the constraint of limited servers.
There is a cost associated with most high-quality VPNs. Consequently, you will have to pay for this service. In any case, there are a number of free VPNs available to you as well. It’s basically about finishing playing the game once the updates have finished downloading. You can do this with a VPN. Depending on your connection speed, this may or may not slow things down. No matter what, you’re stuck with the cards you’ve been dealt.
Free VPNs are hard to come by, but Panda VPN is one of the best. Its speed is excellent and its performance is flawless. It has enough basic functionality to get by with. There is also a premium plan if you wish to purchase one. For FFXIV launcher error 30413, the base version should be sufficient.
Here’s some advice. The VPN option in Final Fantasy XIV is not working for most players. That may be a real possibility. It’s important to understand why VPNs don’t work for players most of the time. The best results can be achieved by connecting from a country other than Australia or the United States. Try connecting to Singapore if you can. It’s okay to try other countries too, just make sure to avoid the above two.
Launch the game launcher. Install the patches as soon as they become available. The download process will now proceed as normal. Now you can play the game. For whatever reason, if using a VPN does not work, you need to try other solutions. Keep reading to learn more.
Set Up Your Router
Many players have found success by tweaking their internet routers to fix the FFXIV launcher error 30413. On forums, specifically, the 30413 error is referred to as a port problem. The problem can therefore be resolved by configuring your router or modem.
When the router is not tuned optimally, there will be insufficient communication. In order to effectively resolve the problem at hand, you need to put some effort in. Here are the requirements for Final Fantasy XIV:
54992 — 54994
55006 — 55007
55021 — 55040
To learn how to set up your router properly, you can check out a website called Port Forward. There is a website where you must enter the specific brand and model number of your router. First, you must browse the list of routers that are available. You can find the list on a separate web page. Choose the right one by taking your time.
Once this is done, use your router’s model number. From there, you’ll find detailed instructions. There are several steps involved, and technical expertise is required. If you’re unable to accomplish this yourself, you might want to talk to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
FFXIV launcher error 30413 is extremely unlikely to occur now that all the relevant ports have been forwarded and your router is configured properly. Be optimistic when you start the game. Continue downloading the remaining files. The following solutions should help if you still can’t download patch files.
Changing your router
The best solution if you are having trouble configuring your router is to change it completely. According to a user who received a new router recently, they experienced the same launcher error.
However, using this router’s internet connection, they were unable to download patch files for the game. To resolve the problem, the previous router had to be reconnected. That somehow resolved the problem. It should work for you as well.
Changing your DNS settings
In Final Fantasy XIV, you can fix the “unable to download patch files” error by changing your PC’s DNS. This is a valid fix. This method has been tried and tested numerous times. The main function of this software is to connect the internet to web browsers. In addition, it controls communication between them. This error could be caused by an incorrectly set DNS. As such, it’s best to fix it as soon as possible.
Our network computers’ default DNS address is either 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199. If you have either of these addresses, FFXIV launcher error 30413 may arise. As a result, the following is a step-by-step guide on how to change your DNS settings. Make sure you follow all steps carefully to achieve the best results.
How to change your DNS settings
From here, we will proceed with the following steps.
1. Go to your Windows Settings. If you have the app pinned to the Taskbar or the Windows Start menu, you can access it easily.
2. From the main menu, select “Network and Internet”. You will be taken to your device’s settings for network connections. That is exactly what we need.
3. You’re now in the right place. On the left, you can see the “Status” area highlighted. Scroll down to that area. Select the “Change network settings” tab. Click on “Change adapter settings” below to change your adapter settings. To continue, simply click on it.
4. By clicking “Change adapter options“, a new window will open called Network Connections. To proceed from this point, you will need to select the proper connection type for your Windows 10 PC. Choose Ethernet if, for example, you are using a wired connection. Select any one of the four connections that you are using. Then click on “Properties.”
5. Once you have selected the type of connection you want, scroll down a little on the new window that appears. Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)“. Next, click “Properties“.
6. Here you will enter your own DNS settings. To unlock the specified field, click on the toggle to the right of “Use the following DNS server addresses“. Be sure to select the bottom option. Do not select the top option. In the “Preferred DNS server” field, enter 188.8.131.52. Then we should be good to go. Click on “OK” when you’re finished.
7. Until the preceding window is closed, the settings aren’t actually saved. Our focus is on the connection properties window where you could access your IPv4 and DNS settings. To complete the process, click “Close.”.
8. The end is almost here. Now that the previous DNS needs to be flushed, one final task remains. Your Final Fantasy XIV experience will be uninterrupted by old DNS settings. Start this step by pressing the shortcut keys “Windows” and “R“. A Run window should appear. The Search bar on Windows can also be used to find it.
9. Launch the Run app and enter the following command. When the “Enter” key is pressed, your old DNS will be flushed. In this way, the FFXIV launcher error 30413 20496 should be resolved.
You may have resolved the launcher error now that you have changed your DNS settings. Try launching the game again to confirm.
Turn off your antivirus software
The launcher error 30413 has been resolved by a multitude of Final Fantasy XIV players by disabling the existing antivirus software. This will allow the game to work again. Norton, Avast, Bitdefender, and Avira are some of the most popular security programs.
It should be fairly straightforward to accomplish this. However, the process will take some time. It is best to get started right away. There’s no need to lay down your device’s protective shields. Since this is only a temporary process. Simply check if disabling your device’s antivirus takes care of the problem.
Explore the settings for the particular program you use to combat malicious programs. Discover how to disable the program. To disable Norton, follow the instructions below.
- The Norton app icon can be found in the Taskbar. Right-click on it. A variety of options will appear.
- Click “Disable Auto-Protect”. Select “Disable Firewall”.
- You can disable these settings for a certain period of time. Select “OK.”
If you have an antivirus other than Norton, look up how to disable it temporarily. Having said this, it is now time to talk about Windows’ actual embedded security system. This is the Windows Firewall. When we mentioned the process getting longer, this is what we meant.
To temporarily disable your Firewall settings, you need to go through many steps. It doesn’t need to be permanently turned off. As we are diagnosing the FFXIV launcher error 30413. It can be resolved once we figure out what the issue is.
How to Disable Windows Firewall Settings
In order to completely disable Windows Firewall settings, you will have to click quite a few times. These are the steps you will need to follow. Make sure you follow each one carefully.
1. Open the “Settings” application in Windows 10. If it appears in the Taskbar, click on its icon. You can also search for the program using the search bar in Windows.
2. Click the option that says “Update and Security” from the main settings screen. By clicking here, you will be directed to another page.
3. After clicking Update and Security, you will find plenty of options. Click the left-hand column. Click “Windows Security.”
4. The contents of the screen will change as a result. Select “Virus and threat protection” next.
5. Clicking on “Virus and threat protection” will open a new window. This window contains information about Windows Security. In order to move on to the next step, click the “Manage settings” tab.
6. If you want to disable the threat protection entirely, you need to click multiple toggles. Select each toggle individually to disable it.
7. Just one more step remains before you can finally solve the error of not being able to download patch files. Within the Windows Security window, click on “Firewall and network protection“. That option is located in the left column.
8. By doing so, the middle of the screen will be changed. A number of network types will now appear. Select the network you wish to use. Identify the type of network by looking at the label next to it.
9. The next step is to use the in-built prompt to disable Microsoft Defender Firewall. Turn off the toggle to complete the process. A User Account Control prompt will appear to confirm your selection. Choose “Yes“. You’re good to go.
That’s all there is for laying down your PC’s defenses. Give the game some breathing room. The FFXIV launcher error 30413 has been resolved for some users. Hopefully this is the case for you as well. You can test whether the patches are now downloading uninterruptedly by launching the game.
Reinstall the Game
After you tried everything you could think of to get your game to work, it may be time to uninstall it properly. In most cases, reinstalling the game will fix the issue. In this case, you can start over. Simply download all Final Fantasy XIV patch updates from the beginning.
In Windows Settings, you can find the “Add or remove programs” section. Scroll through the applications listed there. Look for Final Fantasy XIV. You will see more options when you click on it. Click on “Uninstall” to remove it.
After you’ve downloaded the game, you can install it from wherever you got it. Our recommendation is to use Steam. Because it is one of the most polished gaming platforms, there are relatively fewer potential problems. After you install the game, run it again. See if it now updates normally. This FFXIV launcher error 30413 should have resolved itself.
These are the different ways of resolving the FFXIV Launcher Error 30413. They have all been tested. Do comment if you have any queries or if you know any other working method.