Is your Fallout 4 not responding on the launch in 2022? Or it just shows a black screen on the fallout 4 startup? These problems are seen by many players, Keep reading to get the best solutions for this issue.
Fallout 4 is an amazing game but the errors are getting out of hands. Some player say that they see a black screen on the startup and other say that the Fallout 4 crashes on the launch right away. If you are facing something like this then this blog is for you.
Because in this blog, we have discussed the the reasons for this problem and by the end of this blog, you will know the best working solutions for this error.
So, keep your eyes on the screen and keep on reading!
Causes of Fallout 4 Not Launching Problem
There are many reasons for this error to appear on your screen. We have covered the most common reasons for the Fallout 4 launch error. These are:
- Corrupted game files
- Game Mods
- Other Conflicting applications
- Enabled Firewall
- Graphics Drivers not Updated
Now, let’s go to the solutions!
How to Fix Fallout 4 Not Launching Problem Issues
Depending on the reasons there are also many solutions for this problem. We have gathered the most relevant and working methods that has worked previously for other players and if you follow them properly, they might work for you also.
So, follow these solutions one by one properly!
1) Basic Trouble Shooting Points
Let’s start with the basic troubleshooting points, these are some of the basic settings and updates that you must have to identify and solve the Fallout 4 launch problem.
2) Run the game as an Administrator
First of all, if you haven’t already run the game as an administrator then run Fallout 4 as an administrator. This will allow special access tot he game and might help you fix the launch error. If you don’t know how it’s done, follow these steps:
- Open the file location of Fallout 4 by right-clicking on the game’s shortcut.
- After that, look for the launch file of the game
- Lastly, right click on the file and run it as an administrator
- This will allow access for this game to some restricted parts of Windows
3) Update the Game
After running as an administrator, check if you have the latest version of fallout 4 or not. If you haven’t, then update it to the latest version. The update can possibly fix the launch error.
And if you already have the latest version. Another thing that you can do is restart your PC and game. This may fix the error.
3) Run the game in Compatibility Mode
Now, Run fallout 4 in compatibility mode. If you are not familiar with the process, then follow these steps:
- Right-Click on the Fallout 4 game icon
- Now, click on properties
- Then, open the compatibility tab
- Tick on “Run this program in Compatibility Mode” and select Windows 7.
- Save changes by clicking on “OK”
4) Update Graphics Drivers
If you have outdated graphics drivers then this could be causing the Fallout 4 launch problem. You can update the graphics drivers by following the update guide on your manufacturer’s website. After that, check if your Fallout 4 launch issue is resolved or not.
5) Disable Firewall
Disable the Windows Defender Firewall, because this may be blocking some features for fallout 4 and ultimately causing the fallout 4 launch error.
- Search for Windows Defender Firewall
- Open it by left clicking on it
- Turn it off temporarily
If all of the above mentioned things don’t work for you then try the next solutions because they are the most effective ones.
6) Disable Game Mods and Other Conflicting Apps
Game mods create changes and modify the game’s files. For most of the users it works fine but sometimes the mods create problems because of the changes that they make in the game’s files.
So, if you are using any kind of mod, this could be a red sign for you.
Disable the mod and then check for the error!
Other than the mods, if you are using any other application like screen recorder, Spotify or other live streaming application. Disable them, because these apps can create problems.
7) Modify Launch Options
Many players have said that the problem persists as long the graphics settings are same but if you change them to Windowed- NoBorder, the launch error will stop persisting. Follow these steps to change your Fallout 4 to Windows Borderless Mode:
- Open the Steam Library
- Then search for Fallout 4 and right click on it
- Open the properties from the popup window
- Now in the General Tab click on Set Launch Options and choose Windowed-NoBorder
- Save the changes by clicking “OK” and open the game to check the error.
If the problem is still not solved, head to the next solution!
8) Verify Game Files Integrity
Verifying the game files integrity can also fix the Fallout 4 won’t launch problem. This helps to fix the corrupted files, this will repair any damaged file or missing file.
If you don’t know how it’s done, follow this small guide:
- Launch the Steam Library
- Now, open the properties of Fallout 4 by right-clicking on it
- Now, head to the local files tab on properties
- After that, left-click on “Verify Integrity of Game files”
- Wait for a while and let it finish the verification process
- Now, run the game and see if the Fallout 4 won’t launch issue is resolved or not
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the frequently asked questions related to Fallout 4.
How can I fix the “Fallout 4 won’t launch after clicking play” problem?
The easiest yet effective thing that you can do is restart your game completely.
Turn off your game and Steam and wait for some time and then open it to check the error.
Fallout 4 new game not starting?
The top reason for this problem is corrupted or missing files. You should try verifying the game files integrity, it will repair the damaged files.
In this blog we have discussed the Fallout 4 not responding on the launch problem. These are some reasons for the error after the reasons we have discussed the top solutions. I hope that this blog has helped you with fixing the Fallout 4 launch error. Do let us know in the comments if you have any other solution or query!