Discover the most powerful weapons in Elden Ring, master their usage, and dominate the battlefield like never before.
In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the best weapons in Elden Ring, covering a variety of weapon types, as well as some tips and tricks to help you conquer your foes. We’ve carefully curated this list, making sure to include weapons suited for different playstyles and character builds. Whether you’re a seasoned Elden Ring player or just starting out, this guide is sure to help you take your game to the next level.
Top Weapons in Elden Ring
Based on Reddit user suggestions and other sources, here are some of the best weapons in Elden Ring:
- Rivers of Blood. This powerful weapon boasts incredible weapon art, a short windup, medium range, relatively low FP consumption, high damage, bleed, stagger, and can be spammed.
- Moonveil. Similar to Rivers of Blood in terms of weapon art, Moonveil is slightly weaker but still a formidable choice.
- Fallingstar Beast Jaw. This unique weapon offers excellent damage output and versatility, making it a great choice for any playstyle.
- Blasphemous Blade. A powerful greatsword with a dark aura, the Blasphemous Blade is ideal for those who enjoy inflicting massive damage on their foes.
- Godslayer Greatsword. With its impressive reach and damage potential, the Godslayer Greatsword is perfect for players who prefer a more aggressive playstyle.
- Bloodhound’s Fang. This deadly weapon is known for its rapid attacks and ability to inflict bleed damage on enemies.
- Marais Executioner Sword. The Marais Executioner Sword is excellent for melting bosses. Its Ash of War ability deals a ton of damage and unlocks enemies like Malenia.
- Dual-wielding Regalia of Eochaid. With the same weapon art as Marais Executioner Sword and the benefit of dual-wielding straight swords, you gain a secondary attack that engages all the talismans, providing additional options beyond just spamming the weapon art.
Best Early Game Weapons
Here are some of the best early game weapons in Elden Ring:
- Reduvia. An excellent early game dagger, Reduvia offers fast attacks and decent damage output.
- Great Épée. The Great Épée is a powerful early game sword that boasts a balanced mix of range, damage, and speed.
- Uchigatana. An early game katana with a quick and fluid moveset, the Uchigatana is perfect for players who prefer speed over brute force.
- Morning Star. The Morning Star is a solid early game weapon that offers a mix of blunt and bleed damage, making it an excellent choice for various enemy types.
- Bloodhound’s Fang. Although also featured as a top weapon, Bloodhound’s Fang can be acquired early in the game and is a great choice for players looking to inflict bleed damage.
- Carian Knight’s Sword. Another good early game sword, the Carian Knight’s Sword offers a well-rounded mix of damage, speed, and reach.
- Magma Blade. The Magma Blade is an early to mid-game curved sword that provides a good balance of speed and damage, making it a solid choice for those who prefer curved swords.
Best Late Game Weapons
Some of the best late game weapons in Elden Ring include:
- Moonveil Katana. An exceptional late game weapon, the Moonveil Katana boasts a powerful moveset and high damage output.
- Blasphemous Blade. The Blasphemous Blade remains a force to be reckoned with in the late game, offering massive damage and an imposing presence on the battlefield.
- Axe of Godrick. One of the most powerful strength weapons in Elden Ring, the Axe of Godrick delivers devastating blows capable of crushing enemies with ease.
- Grafted Greatsword. The Grafted Greatsword is a colossal sword that combines a formidable reach with impressive damage output, making it a top choice for late game battles.
- Sword of Night and Flame. This powerful straight sword is imbued with both fire and dark magic, making it a versatile weapon suited for various situations in the late game.
- Winged Scythe. An excellent late game faith weapon, the Winged Scythe offers a mix of reach and damage, along with unique weapon arts that cater to faith builds.
- Rivers of Blood. It is a late game katana and one of the best dexterity weapons in Elden Ring, offering a fluid moveset and powerful bleed damage.
Best Weapons for Different Builds
Here are some of the best weapons for different character builds:
- Strength: Axe of Godrick
- Dexterity: Moonveil Katana
- Intelligence: Dark Moon Greatsword
- Faith: Winged Scythe
- Quality: Bloodhound’s Fang
- Arcane: Mohgwyn’s Sacred Spear
- Bleed: Rivers of Blood
What are the best weapons in Elden Ring for beginners?
Some of the best weapons for beginners include the Reduvia, Great Épée, Uchigatana, and Morning Star. These weapons can be acquired early in the game and offer a good mix of damage, speed, and reach to help new players get started.
What are the best Elden Ring weapons for PVP?
Some popular PVP weapons in Elden Ring include the Moonveil Katana, Bloodhound’s Fang, Rivers of Blood, and the Sword of Night and Flame. These weapons offer a mix of speed, damage, and unique weapon arts that can give players an edge in PVP combat.
Can I respec my character to use different weapons in Elden Ring?
Yes, you can respec your character in Elden Ring by using a consumable item called a Larval Tear. This item allows you to redistribute your stat points and experiment with different weapons and builds.
How can I upgrade my weapons in Elden Ring?
To upgrade your weapons in Elden Ring, you’ll need to find a blacksmith and gather the necessary crafting materials such as Smithing Stones. Upgrading your weapons increases their base damage and may also improve their scaling with certain stats.
Are there unique weapon arts in Elden Ring?
Yes, many weapons in Elden Ring have unique weapon arts or special moves that can be activated by consuming FP (Focus Points). These weapon arts can add variety to your playstyle and offer new tactical options in combat.