Are you looking for a solution for the Divinity Original Sin 2 DirectX? Then this webpage is going to be useful for you!
Divinity original sin 2 is an amazing game to play. But there are some errors that many players are facing.
- Divinity original sin 2 failed to initialize DirectX
- Divinity original sin 2 error code c00
In this blog, we are going to fix the Divinity DirectX error. We have discussed the reasons for this error and some methods to fix it. You should read this post to the end and apply all the methods given.
Causes of Divinity Original Sin 2 Directx Error Problem
There are many factors that may cause this error. So, to fix the game. You must identify the cause of the error. These are some of the common causes for the Divinity sin 2 DirectX error:
- Using outdated graphics drivers
- Using an older version of Windows
- Change in default resolution settings
- Anti-virus and other conflicting apps
In your case, If you are unable to identify the problem then don’t worry just follow the given solutions one by one properly!
How to Fix Divinity Original Sin 2 Directx Error Problem Issue in 2022
These are some of the solutions that we have gathered here, you should apply them properly to see results. So let’s start with the solutions!
1. Update Your Graphics Drivers
The first thing that you must check is your graphics drivers. Your drivers must be updated to run the game properly. You should update your graphics drivers and then check for the error.
To update your NVidia GeForce graphics drivers follow these steps:
- Firstly, Open the GeForce app
- Now, go to the driver’s tab
- You can choose, download and update your drivers from there
- After the completion, check for the DirectX error
If you have updated your graphics drivers and the Divinity DirectX error still shows up, then go to the next point.
2. Update Your Windows
the next thing that you should check is the Windows version that you are using. Is it old? If yes, then update it to the newer version. You can update it simply by following these steps:
- Firstly, open the settings
- Then, go to the Update & Security section
- Now, click on Windows update and update your Windows to the newest version
- Lastly, check for the error
3. Change Resolution Settings
If you have changed the default resolution settings on your computer, then this could be a possible reason for the Divinity DirectX error. You should set the display resolution settings that are recommended.
- Firstly, open your settings and go to the display section
- Then, under Display Resolution choose the recommended settings
- After that, save the changes and check for the error
If the error still persists, move to the next method!
4. Disable Boosting/Overlocking Software
Using game boosters and overlocking software can also cause the Divinity sin 2 DirectX error. These software change the clocking speed of the CPU and as a result, overclocking causes problems and shows errors.
So if you are using any of the overclocking software, you must delete them and then check for the error.
5. Disable Conflicting Apps
Conflicting applications can be the reason for the DirectX error to occur. So, if you have any kind of screen recording apps, discord or any other live streaming apps then disable them and after that check for the error.
One more thing, if you have an active anti-virus software then you should disable it too because sometimes these applications can also cause problems.
6. Re-download DirectX
If none of the above given solutions works for you, then the last choice that remains is to delete the DirectX and download it again. You can download it from here.
Only opt for this method if you have already applied the other ones properly and didn’t see any results!
Frequently Asked Questions
These are Frequently Asked Questions about Divinity original sin 2 errors.
How to fix Divinity Original Sin 2 crash on startup?
To fix the crash on startup you should do the following things:
- Update your graphics drivers
- Update your windows delete game cache files
- Verify game files integrity
How to fix Divinity Original Sin 2 crashing on save?
To fix the crashing on save problem, try the following things:
- Run the game in compatibility mode
- Run in the Windowed Borderless mode
- Update the game to the latest version
We have covered all the necessary points to fix the error. I hope this blog was helpful for you to fix the problem. If you have any queries or any other useful solution to fix this error, you can share them with us in the comments!