Ark is a great survival game that is played by many players around the globe. Some of the players have reported crashing problems in Ark. Some players face crashes on the startup and some players are facing Ark crash issue without any error.
To fix this problem, we have created this small guide that includes reasons and effective solutions to help you.
But before we go to the reasons and solutions for the error, you must have the following minimum system requirements for Ark:
- 60 GB available space
- Windows 7/8/10 64bits
- 8 GB RAM
- Intel Core i5 2400
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
If you have the following PC requirements, then let’s get to know the reasons for Ark crashing.
Reasons for the Crash Issue
Many factors can cause Ark to crash. These are some of the common reasons:
- Corrupted Game Files
- Outdated Game and Graphics Drivers
- Corrupted cache files
- Unstable Network Connection
How to Fix Ark Crashing Problem Issues in 2022
These solutions have worked for many Ark players so you should follow the given solutions one by one properly and you will also see great results!
1. Restart your System and Disable Conflicting Apps
If the problem is not so big then this can be fixed by just restarting your game and system. Just turn off your PC and turn it on after a few minutes. It should solve the error.
Other than restarting, you should also check if your internet connection is stable or not.
Lastly, you should disable conflicting or overlaying applications like screen recorders, live streaming applications, Spotify etc. And if you are using a mod then you must disable it too. These are basic troubleshooting points, so you must follow them before using any other method.
If your game continues to crash then move to the next point!
2. Delete Game Cache Files
Issue with the game cache files can also cause the Ark crashing problem. So, you should try deleting the cache files. To delete the cache files:
- Open Steam client and click on Steam
- Open settings and then select Downloads
- Now, from the bottom select Clear Download Cache
- Click on OK and this will clear the cache files
Now, try to run the game. If the game persists to show the error, try the other solutions given.
3. Change Resolution Settings
Many players have said that changing the resolution settings has fixed the crash error for them. So you should also give it a try. Follow these steps:
- From your desktop go to this path:
- From that path, search for GameUserSettings.ini and open it in your editor
- Lastly, change the settings according to the given values:
ResolutionSizeX=1920 ResolutionSizeY=1080 bUseDesktopResolutionForFullscreen=False
- Now, save the changes and then check for the Ark crashing issue, it should work fine now
But if the problem persists, move to the next method.
4. Verify Game Files Integrity
Corrupted files can also create this problem. So, you should verify the game files integrity from the Steam app. This will identify the corrupted files and repair them as well. To verify the integrity of game files:
- Open Steam app and then head to the games library
- Find Ark and right-click on it
- Click on the Properties
- Head to the Local Files tab
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Let it complete and then check for the crash issue
If this method doesn’t work for you, try the next one.
5. Run in Compatibility Mode
If your Windows 10 is not compatible with the game, you can try running it on Windows 7 Compatibility Mode. Follow these steps:
- Locate Ark shortcut and Right–click on it
- From the menu, select Properties
- Head to the Compatibility tab and select Windows 7 from the box
- Save the changes and try to run the game. It should work fine now
6. Set Launch Options to DirectX 11
Running Ark with DirectX 11 can also fix the crash problem. To do it, follow these steps:
- Open the Steam app and then go to the games library
- After that locate Ark and right-click on it
- From the menu, click on Properties
- Head to the General tab
- Click on Set Launch Options
- Type: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d11
- Lastly, save the changes and try to run the game
7. Re-download the Game.
If your game continues to crash even after applying the above-given methods, then you should reinstall the game.
First, delete the game properly and then download it again. Make sure you install it properly this time!
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the Frequently Asked Questions about Ark crashing issue.
Why does Ark keep crashing with mods?
Mods are used to change specific elements like skin, maps in a game. To change these things mods create changes in the game files and sometimes that generates errors like game crashing etc. That’s why to fix game crashes you must disable mods!
How to Fix Ark Crashing on Startup?
Startup crash can be caused by corrupted game files. So you should verify the game files integrity and if that doesn’t work, try the other solutions given above.
This blog was about the Ark crashing issue. If you are dealing with it too, you should following the solutions that are given above.
Lastly, I hope these solutions were helpful for you, do let us know in the comments if you have any queries!