CE-34878-0 is an error that can cause the game you are playing to crash suddenly. The issue has been reported by several users playing Witcher 3, Sims, etc.
The error appears while the game is being launched, according to users. Shortly after launching the game, the game crashes. There have been reports that the error disappears after restarting the game. However, there has been a majority of people who have been unable to restart the game. But don’t worry, we’re here to help you with some tips and methods that actually work. Let’s examine a few possibilities.
How to Fix PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 Problem?
When you play PS4 games, you will usually get this error code. Sometimes it displays as CE-36329-3 as well. The games and applications crash when this error occurs. In general, this can be caused by corrupted PS4 data or system software issues. Here are some solutions to help you fix this problem.
Cause of PS4 Error
There is often a problem with the storage device on which you installed the game or app that causes PS4 Error (CE-34878-0). Most often, it’s the internal hard drive of the PS4 that is getting old and needs to be retired. The error may also be caused by an external HDD, if you’re playing with extended storage.
This is a potential problem if the internal storage device in your PS4 is new and you still receive this error. Then there might be a compatibility issue. The problem may be resolved if you try another storage device.
Here is a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting PS4 Error (CE-34878-0). Follow the steps to fix it.
Diagnose Error (CE-34878-0)
To diagnose PS4 Error Code (CE-34878-0), watch how your console behaves before trying to fix it. Observe this error and note when it occurs.
A PS4 Error (CE-34878-0) may occur once the PS4 starts up and just as the home screen loads. In other words, you might have to initialize the PS4 or format the hard drive.
This occurs most often when playing games or watching movies. However, it does not happen when running applications. This suggests a graphics card issue. Sometimes just switching to a different monitor will fix the issue.
In the case that the error only occurs when playing games on an external drive, it means that the drive is defective. It is likely to have bad sectors. The drive should be formatted. This will remove the bad sectors. This will restore the drive’s performance.
If you encounter an error message (CE-34878-0) while playing online, it’s probably that your internet connection has been interrupted. Errors like this can also occur due to power surges or hardware failures. In most cases, it will go away on its own.
You should eventually read this guide, no matter what your reason is. Find the best solution to Error Code (CE-34878-0) for you.
Method – 1 Restart the PS4 Console
We highly recommend you try the basic methods to fix the problem before moving onto the complex solutions. Restarting the console machine is one of them. PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0 PS4 issues have been fixed by shutting down the console completely and then restarting the console.
1. Finish the game. Turn off the PS4.
2. Remove the power cord from the socket.
3. Wait at least two minutes.
4. Connect the power cord to the socket once more.
5. Turn on the PlayStation now.
6. Run the game after the PS4 has been started. See if the error persists.
Method – 2 Fix The Error Ce-34878-0 By Updating The Game Software
This issue can also be caused by unknown bugs in the game. The error CE-34878-0 can also be fixed by updating the game to update the latest patches. This can be done in three ways.
In the PS4 settings, check for updates
If you want to update a game, you may simply check for updates. The steps are as follows:
1. To update a game/application, highlight it on the PS4 home screen.
2. On your PS4 controller, press the Options button. Click Update Now.
3. Install any available updates by following the wizard.
4. Restart the PS4. Try playing the game again to see if it works now.
Method – 3 Re-install The Game Again On Your Ps4
Trying to uninstall and reinstall the game may help if directly updating the game does not work. Before uninstalling the game, save the game data. This ensures that your progress is not lost.
1. Open the PS4 settings. Select Application Saved Data Management.
2. Alternatively, you can save it in your PS4 system by selecting Saved Data in System Storage. If you have inserted the USB drive into your PlayStation, you can select Saved Data on USB Storage Device.
3. Finish by following the instructions on your screen.
4. Then, go to PS4 Settings. Navigate to System Storage Management. Select Applications.
5. Highlight the game that causes the problem.
6. Click on Options. Then click Delete.
7. Restart the PS4.
8. Install the game again. Then try to launch it again.
Method – 4 Update The Game By Re-inserting The Disc
When you play a game from a disc, this method will work.
1. Remove the game from your hard drive disc by running a clean uninstallation.
2. Turn off your PS4 completely by power cycling it.
3. Insert the disc again.
4. Install the games and updates again.
5. Click on the game to launch it. Try it out now.
Method – 5 Ps4 System Software Needs To Be Updated
You may have experienced system crashes in your PlayStation, which caused the error CE-34878-0. To resolve this issue, try updating the system software. Here are the steps:
Note: Before you update the system software, you should shut down all running games and applications.
1. Get your PS4 online.
2. Navigate to the PS4 settings. Click on System Software Update.
3. If updates are available, select Update. In the latest version of PS4, you won’t see this message. Therefore, you can skip this step.
4. Download the update. When the update has been downloaded, a popup notification will appear to remind you.
5. Go to Notifications on the PS4 home screen. Click on Downloads. Install the update by following the instructions.
6. Run the game again to see if it now works.
Method – 6 Disconnect The PS Camera
The PS camera may be connected to the PS4 by many users. Try this method if you are one of them:
1. Open the PS4 settings. Select Devices. Turn off the device.
2. Turn off the camera. Restart the PS4.
3. Navigate to the PS4 settings. Select User. Select Login Settings.
4. Remove the check mark next to Enable Face Recognition.
5. Try the game/application again.
Method – 7 Use the Original HDD
A recent upgrade to your Hard Disk Drive (HDD) may also affect the performance of the game. You can try to solve this problem by installing your original HDD back into your PS4. The data on your PS4 may need to be backed up first before you reinstall the original HDD.
Note. For this, you’ll need a USB drive formatted in FAT32 or exFAT with plenty of free space. Not backing up Application Data is an option if you don’t have enough space on your drive to back up everything.
1. Back up your PS4 data to a USB storage device.
2. Select Settings from the menu. Next, select System. Click Back Up and Restore.
3. Determine which data you want to back up. It will be necessary to download or reinstall applications if you decide not to back up applications.
4. Name the backup according to your preference. Then, click Back Up. Then, click X.
5. Wait a few minutes for the process to complete.
6. Reinstall your PS4’s original HDD after the backup.
7. Test your games again after installation.
Method – 8 Initializing Your PS4
Many PS4 users have found this method to be effective. You can try initializing your PS4 if you are still receiving the error CE-34878-0. During initialization, system data will be deleted. During this process, all users’ data will also be deleted.
Note: During the initialization process, all settings and information stored on your PS4 will be deleted. This cannot be reversed. Don’t accidentally delete anything important. Once it’s gone, it’s gone. Before initialization, backup your data to a PS plus or USB drive. During initialization, do not turn off your PS system. Your system may be damaged.
1. Open the PS4 settings. Go to the Initialization tab. Select Initialize.
2. Choose Full.
3. Complete the instructions.
4. Once you’ve restored all of your backup data, you’re done. Install the games and applications again.
5. Test the games to see if they work now.
Method – 9 Contact Sony Support
Unfortunately, the problem may be beyond the scope of our abilities if it persists after trying all the methods above. In such a case, you should contact Sony for assistance.
It is possible that you will need to send your PS4 back for repair. Alternatively, your PS4 may need to be replaced. If your PS4 is under warranty, that shouldn’t cost too much.
This concludes this troubleshooting guide on PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0. The solutions we have presented here have been tried and tested. We have analyzed the causes as well as the solutions. Let’s hope it has been fixed.