Dragon Age: Origins is a role play game which is developed by BioWare. It is an amazing game and many players are in love with it, but the only thing that is annoying the players are the errors.
Players have reported that they are facing errors on the startup and some say that the game crashes on load. That’s why we have made this small guide to help them out. If you are also facing the crashes in dragon age: origins.
So, without wasting any time let’s get to the point!
Causes of Dragon Age Origins Crashing Problem
Before we talk about the solutions, you must know the reasons for the Dragon Age: Origin errors so that if it happens again you will be able to identify the reason.
There are many factors that may cause these crashes. These are some of them:
- Use of game mods
- Compatibility problems
- Outdated graphics drivers
- Using old game version
Now, let’s get to know the solutions!
How to Fix Dragon Age Origins Crashing Problem Issue in 2022
These solutions are effective, so follow them one by one properly and you will eventually find the one that works for you!
1. Disable Game Mods and Other Conflicting Apps
Game mods are used for alteration in the game, and for that purpose game mods create changes in the game files.
If you are using a mod for Dragon Age: Origin and after that, the game started to crash, then there is a high possibility that the game mod has created an alteration in the launcher file.
So, if you are using a game mod then disable it right away and then try to open the game.
Other than the mods, if you have other apps like screen recorders, live streaming apps etc. Then you should disable them too and then check for the error.
If your game is still crashing, then move on to the next point.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
If your graphics drivers are not updated, then you must update them to fix the crashing issue. You can update your graphics drivers by following a guide from the manufacturer’s website and after updating the drivers, restart the game and then check for the error.
3. Change In-Game Video Settings
Many players have suggested that lowering the in-game video settings has fixed their crashing issues. To change the settings:
- Open the game and select Options
- Now, go to the Video tab, there you will see Details
- On the details section, lower the value of:
Anti-Aliasing, Graphics Detail and Texture Detail
- Now, save the changes and restart your game to check the error
4. Update the game
if you are using an older version of Dragon Age: Origin then you must update it to the latest version. The new update may fix the error. Using an older version is not a great idea and it is also recommended by the developers that you should update your game, the update will fix the error if it is caused by some temporary problem.
5. Update Windows
Dragon Age: Origin is a high level game and if your system is not updated then it will definitely crash. You must update your windows to fix the Dragon Age: Origins crashing on load issue. To check for Windows update:
- Open Settings
- Then click on “Update and Security”
- Now, select “Check for Updates”
- If an update is available, it will automatically update it
- After the update, restart your pc and then launch the game to see if it is still crashing or not.
6. Increase Memory Resources
Dragon Age: Origin is a high graphics game, so if it is not getting enough memory then it will ultimately crash. You have to give the required amount of memory resources to fix the Dragon Age: Origin crash problem.
You can increase memory resources by following these steps:
- Type CMD on you desktop menu
- Now on the window that is opened, type this command and run it:
Bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072
- After that, restart your game and check for the crash issue
Note: This Method is only applicable if you have 64-bit Windows, in case you have 32-bit version Windows then try other methods.
7. Set Game Affinity
Setting the game affinity has also fixed the for many players. This gives more memory resources to the game.
following these simple steps:
- Open the game and press this keys combination:
- Now a blue screen will show up, from there select task manager
- Then from the Process tab, search for this file:
- Right-click on the file and open Details
- Right-click on the file again but this time select Affinity
- Tick on any one of the CPU’s checkboxes and uncheck others, then save changes by clicking on OK
- Lastly, restart the game and check if it is still crashing or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the Frequently Asked Questions about the Dragon Age: Origins
Why does Dragon Age Origin keeps freezing?
This can happen if you have outdated graphics drivers. You should update your graphics drivers and then check for the problem.
Why does my Dragon Age Origins randomly crashes?
This could happen due to a lot of reasons like outdated graphics drivers, corrupted game files etc. To fix it you should lower your in-game video settings and if it still persists follow the above given methods.
We have talked about the reasons for this error and after that we have also mentioned the best solutions to fix it.
I hope your problem is fixed by now. If you have any queries you can ask them in the comments!