Are you facing an error on the Overwatch launch? Or there is a black screen on the Overwatch startup? Don’t worry, You are not the only one!
Overwatch is an intense shooter game that is loved and played by many gamers. But there are some errors that players are facing while playing the game.
One of those errors is the “Overwatch not launching” error. Players have reported that the game crashes on the startup and you are not able to launch the game, while many other players say that they see a black screen on the Overwatch launch.
If you are dealing with this error too, then keep on reading. Because in this blog, we have discussed the reasons and the best working solutions for the Overwatch launch issue.
Causes Of Overwatch Crashes on Launch Problem
The first reason could be incompatibility. If your PC is incompatible for the game then this error can occur. Other than that, these are some other reasons for the Overwatch not launching problem:
- Outdated Graphics Drivers
- Active Firewall and other conflicting apps
- Corrupted or Missing Game files
- Corrupted game cache
- Temporary error for no specific reason
Now, when you know the common reasons for the launch error, let’s move on to the solutions.
How to Fix Overwatch Crashes on Launch Error Problem Issue
We have discussed the top 6 ways to fix the Overwatch launch error, you can apply these methods one by one and you will definitely find a working solution for yourself.
These solutions are confirmed by the players who have fixed the error before, so apply them properly and you will see great results!
1. Update Graphics Drivers
First of all, if you have outdated graphics drivers then this could be a possible reason for the launch error. You must update your graphics drivers and then check for the launch issue.
Just go to your graphics drivers manufacturer’s website and you will find a guide to update the drivers.
2. Reset Game Options
The launch error can also occur, if you have wrong game settings. You should check the game settings and if you are not familiar with the settings, just reset the game settings by following these steps:
- Open Battle.net
- Left-click on Blizzard and then the Settings
- Now, click on Reset in-game options
- After that, click on Reset
- Lastly, save the changes by clicking on Done
3. Disable Firewall and Conflicting Apps
if you have an active firewall then disable it right away, because it may be blocking Overwatch for some additional preferences. So, try disabling the Firewall temporarily and then check for the error.
- Search for Windows Defender Firewall on the main menu
- After that, Open it
- Then, turn it off and check for the error
Other than the firewall, if you have installed any other security program then disable it too. If you have apps like discord, screen recorders etc. Then disable all of them because they may be clashing with your game.
If the error persists, follow the next solution!
4. Repair Game Files
Damaged or corrupted game files can be a major problem for the Overwatch launch issue. You have to verify game files integrity in order to identify and fix these damaged files and for that, follow the given steps properly:
- Launch Blizzard Battle.net
- Click on Overwatch
- Then, click on Options and select Scan and Repair and scan by clicking on Begin Scan
Let the process complete, this will repair the damaged and missing files. After the completion of the scan, launch the game and check for the Overwatch not Launching error.
If it is still there, move on to the next solution!
5. Clear Overwatch Game Cache
Corrupted game cache can also be the main reason for the launch error. There is not a specific reason for corrupted game cache. This could happen because of a bad network connection or unavailable game resources etc.
You can delete the game cache by following these steps:
- Run Window by pressing Windows key+R
- After that, type %Programdata% and then press enter
- This folder contains caches of all programs
- Now, search the folder “Blizzard Entertainment” and delete it properly
- Lastly, run Overwatch from Blizzard Client and check for the error
6. Re-Install the Game
if nothing from the above-given solutions work for you, then the last thing that you should try is uninstalling the game and then downloading it again. This should be your last priority because re-downloading a 30GB game is not less of a hassle.
So, if you have applied the above-given methods properly and your game still shows the Overwatch not launching error, then you should opt for this solution.
- Firstly, open your Blizzard Client and click on Overwatch
- Then, uninstall it. This will take some time.
- Now, after that install it again and make sure this time you install it properly.
This reinstallation will help fix the missing file and also it will fix all other minor or major problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the Frequently Asked Questions about Overwatch game.
How to fix Overwatch Performance(FPS) issues?
If you are facing an FPS issue in Overwatch, then try checking your internet connection. After that, reset your video drivers and in-game options. Overheating can also cause FPS issues.
How to fix Overwatch Crashes on Startup?
To fix this issue:
- Update Graphics Drivers
- Close apps running in the Background
- Try repairing the game files
- Reset video drivers settings
This blog was about fixing the Overwatch not launching error. We have discussed the most common reasons for this error, we have mentioned the best solutions for the Overwatch launch problem. I hope this blog helped you with the launch error, if you have any queries then let us know in the comment!